shibori for family & home / natural dye workshops & events
Welcome to Yuzu & Rose. Based in Santa Cruz, California and rooted in the traditions of natural dyeing and usage of both modern and ancient techniques, we strive to bring colors from nature to the every day lives of those in our community. Yuzu & Rose focuses on offering a variety of natural dye workshops sharing techniques from traditional Japanese Shibori and indigo dyeing, creating and using natural dyes, and more. Workshops are scheduled throughout the Bay Area and we are available for private events. We also offer a range of retail items for families and homes that will bring joy in their thoughtful design as well as peace of mind in the gentleness of materials used. Thank you for stopping by, please take a look around!
In this complicated time we are still finding ways to be a space for creating, gathering, and sharing the healing art of working with color and nature. A very limited amount of cautious, in person workshops are available for private parties, but the bulk of our efforts have been in pivoting to the world of digital events. In partnership with Cabrillo College Extension, we have several courses open to anyone with an internet connection! Please find Yuzu & Rose in the Textile Arts section of the latest Cabrillo Extension catalog. We have also curated a variety of Digital Workshops for corporate events with all-inclusive materials kits shipped directly to participants and zoom instruction for large, remote groups.
- Sat, May 15Online via Cabrillo Extension
- Sat, Jun 05Online via Cabrillo ExtensionJun 05, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PDTOnline via Cabrillo ExtensionExperience from home the magic of Japanese Shibori Indigo dyeing, an ancient dyeing method. Learn to mix indigo dye, then experience the excitement and anticipation of the Japanese art of Itajime Shibori, which is a fabric folding and binding technique to create geometric patterns.
- Wed, Jun 16Online via Cabrillo Extension
- Sat, Jun 19Online via Cabrillo Extension
- Sun, Jul 11Online via Cabrillo Extension
- Sat, Jul 17Online via Cabrillo ExtensionJul 17, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PDTOnline via Cabrillo ExtensionJoin me back on campus to experience the magic of Japanese Shibori Indigo dyeing, an ancient dyeing method. Learn to mix indigo dye, then experience the excitement and anticipation of the Japanese art of Itajime Shibori, which is a fabric folding and binding technique to create geometric patterns.